AIM Hanen Teacher Talk and Lámh Training Programmes
A new programme of specialised training for pre-school practitioners is being rolled out as part of the Access and Inclusion Model (AIM).
Lámh module 1, which involves one day of training of certified Lámh training, will be offered, in collaboration with registered Lámh tutors.
The Hanen Program
Hanen Teacher Talk, which is a certified three-day course, will be delivered by Better Start Early Years Specialists. Please note attendance on all three days is required to complete the Teacher Talk programme and receive certification.
Better Start are collaborating with Teacher Education Centres around the country to ensure local delivery of training. Initial invitations for first round of Hanen training have been sent to settings with children receiving AIM support in Dublin (Drumcondra and Blackrock venues); Cavan, Monaghan and Kildare. Course dates (Saturdays) 10th March, 21st April and 12th May 2018.
Further courses in Cork, Kilkenny, Galway, Leitrim and Waterford will be offered starting in April, with other areas coming on stream over the coming months, into the Autumn.
Invites are sent directly to relevant services via Eventbrite and services are offered two places on each course. For the first set of training, courses will be rolled out on one Saturday per month, to reduce impact on services needing cover etc. This will be reviewed in June. The dates coincide with some LINC training dates, as this will encourage take up and build capacity among other staff. For further infomation please contact Better Start at the following email – AIMtraining@betterstart.ie
Initially, priority will be given to settings in receipt of AIM targeted support (Levels 4-7). Further training courses will be available throughout 2018 and will be announced shortly. More information will follow soon. Watch this Space!
6th April 2018
Distribution of AIM Inclusive Play
- Distribution of AIM Inclusive Play will commence on 9th April 2018.
- Approximately 200 AIM Inclusive Play Packs will be delivered daily to ECCE settings nationwide.
- ECCE settings will be prioritised for distribution where:
- The setting has availed of targeted AIM supports OR
- An employee in the setting has graduated from the Leadership for Inclusion (LINC) in the Early Years higher education programme 2016/17 and has agreed to take on the role and responsibilities of an Inclusion Coordinator OR
- An employee in the setting has enrolled in the Leadership for Inclusion (LINC) in the Early Years higher education programme 2017/18 OR
- At least one employee in the setting has completed the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) training being rolled out by City and County Childcare Committees (CCCs) .
- For ECCE settings with multiple ECCE rooms, a maximum of three AIM Inclusive Play Packs will be distributed initially with remaining AIM Inclusive Play Packs distributed once all settings have received at least one AIM Inclusive Play Pack
- It may take up to 8 weeks to complete distribution to all ECCE settings.
- Distribution is being managed by Learning SPACE (email email@example.com / phone 048 9031 9360).
- Learning SPACE will notify ECCE settings by email when their AIM Inclusive Play Packs have been dispatched.
- Resources in AIM Inclusive Play include:
- All Kinds of Feelings/All Kinds of People Books
- Audible Ball
- AIM Early Years ‘My Day’ Fan
- Creating Sensory Play for Little on No Cost / Hey! Children on the Autism Spectrum Play Too Books
- Dancing Ribbons
- Dark Den Cube/Pop Up Den
- Disc o’ Sit/Movin Sit
- Emotions Poster
- Grimms House / Grimms Rainbow
- Jumbo Tweezers
- Kinetic Sand
- Laptop Tray
- Massage Set
- Recordable Answer Buzzer
- Large Timer
- 5 Mini Timers
- Sockette Puppet
- See Me Sensory Ball
- Sensory Bubble Hourglass
- Sensory Reflective Blanket
- Strobe Bar
- Tactile Ball
- Teeter Popper
- Therapy Putty
- Time Timer
- Traffic Light Fan
- Warmie Weighted Sensory Friend