The Warmie Weighted Sensory Friend (‘Warmie’) is a fun play item, that can also provide comfort to children as the weight and gentle scent of lavender can create a soothing effect. Each pack will contain one Warmie Weighted Sensory Friend, styles may vary. Suitable for ages: 3+
Key learning this resource may support:
The Warmie may support physical development, in particular the proprioceptive sense (sense of body awareness).
Sensory experiences are promoted when a child engages with the Warmie including smell and touch.
Social and emotional development, as the Warmie may offer comfort, security and confidence to individual children.
Suggested starting points for engagement:
- This resource may be particularly beneficial for individual children who need some additional sensory input or may be having a difficult day/moment and can benefit from the comfort that the Warmie may offer. The increased weight of the Warmie may be particularly beneficial for individual children as the extra weight can give input to the body for children who have an under-responsive system.
- Elicit ideas from the children on other personal items which make them feel at ease and comforted.
How to use:
- To use, pop the Warmie in the microwave for one minute to release the scent and to add a heated experience. Do not reheat until it has cooled to room temperature.
- Ensure the fabric is dry and clean before use. You may notice a little moisture on the surface of the fabric, which is quite normal and will stop after a few uses.
- To clean, use a warm, damp cloth and a tiny drop of soap to gently wipe the fur/fabric clean. Do not immerse in water.
- The Warmie can also be used without heating, as a weighted soft toy and comfort object.
Use only under adult supervision. Ensure the product is not over-heated. Ensure microwave is clean and the turntable can rotate freely when heating.